Big Day for IT, WB, 26Sep10

Subject: fishing today 26-09
From: "brian"
Date: 26/09/2010 5:25 PM

Hi All,

Just a quick report from today....

The weather gods and the commitment gods finally lined up for me, and a last minute spur of the moment decision saw me heading out from MG @ 5:15am in ample light due to the recent full moon.

Headed straight to SR close in where I found eyetag with 3 grassies already on board.

What followed was chaos for a while - multiple double hook ups on snapper, more sweetlip, bonito, squid and a very fortunate pearlie which jumped oveboard.

Sorry no photos unless Ian gets his email probs sorted out later, but I think the final take home catch was 10 snapper, 1 squid, 2 bonito, 9 sweetlip, 1 spangled emperor, and a tusk fish.

A couple of the snapper were up to 50-55cm, with the majority around 40cm.

The bite definitely slowed as the morning progressed and the fish were taken on variety of plastics, baits and blades.

Ian also did very well on Sat.

Cheers Brian

And from Ian
:::::
Subject: Fishing Sunday 26th September 2010
From: "ian"
Date: 26/09/2010 6:08 PM

Hello fellow Yakkers,

What a day Brian and I had today. I dropped my first bait at 5.30 sat the rod down put the other rod with a blade on it just off the bottom and sat it in the rod holder. Then I picked up the baited rod waited a few seconds and whack I was hooked up and landed my first Snapper. Before I'd stowed him the blade had a fish on, this time it was a Grassy.

Then I heard Brian call on the radio. I answered and got back to the fishing. By the time Brian arrived I had 2 Grassies, a Snapper and a very nice Squid. It wasn't long before Brian had his first Snapper and it kept on firing most of the day with double hook ups happening more than once to us both.

Between us we ended up with 10 Grassies 49cm-40cm, 9 Snapper 60cm-40cm, 1 Spangled Emperor 46cm, 1 Tusk Fish 40cm, 1 Pearl Perch 45cm and the Squid which measured 75cm with a mantle almost 30cm long, with quite a few legal Grassies and Snapper released. They were taken on big Bananas, plastics and a 1 oz blade.

The day was about as good as it gets and with the fish playing the game it couldn't get much better.

The photos are of my fish only. Brian had a similar looking bag with his biggest Snapper I'm estimating was 55cm.




This was one of double hook ups about to happen. Check out the conditions.

WHAT A DAY!!!
Ian Tagg

No comments:

Post a Comment