3 Spaniards, 24Jan10

From: "Stuart Denissen"
Subject: Today Fishing 24 Jan 10
Date: Sunday, 24 January 2010 11:29 AM

I arrived at approx 5 30 this morning and met up with Harry in the car park (Ian'’s car in his usual spot), we were out on the water a little before 6. Harry and I paddled across the river mouth before heading straight out due to seeing bird activity. Pretty much every cast into the bait activity caught small bonito and little (yellow tail pilchard looking fish) which I believe makes real good bait. After about an hour chasing the bait fish with no Spotties coming out I lost sight of Harry and decided to head back towards the river mouth as the wind had pick up and was getting a bit choppy. I was trolling a red and white octopus skirt with a slimy Mackerel which Harry had earlier baited on the 3 gang hook set up for me. Approx 400 meters out from the mouth I got a big strike and was on. After about 20 mins I managed to pull up a still very energetic 7 kilo Spanish Mackerel. Once i had landed him safely on the yak i headed back in, shortly after I saw Harry and Ian paddling in. I pulled up my fish to show them only to be showed up by Ian’'s two bigger Spaniards which he caught at Sunshine Reef. Well done Ian.

pic removed
Stu's fish (Ian's further down)

I will be heading down tomorrow morning at approx 5 30 with Wayne Bardwell, hope to see you guys there.

Cheers

Stu

:::::::::::::::
From Ian (later)

My Saturday (editor: ie the day before) was pretty ordinary, I trolled a 40cm Bonito for 3.5 hours all over JS then up and around LH where I put him away and put on a Slimey which got hit but the fish wasn't hooked. After that I headed in.

Sunday I trolled a Slimy on SR from 04.15 till 5.00 for nothing so I decided to put the big Bonito on still rigged from the day before, it was in the water about 3.5 minutes and I hooked the smaller fish. I put on another 40cm Bonito and lost everything in less than 5 minutes. Only having 2 big baits I went back to the Spaniard Special Slimey combo and caught the bigger fish after about 40 minutes of paddling. After that it was time to head home.

Ian's pair

Tomorrow (at the moment) will be another paddle to SR with 3 big Bonito and a couple of Slimeys for Justin (just in case), the Bonito don't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment