Spaniard, spotties, shark, 11Jan10

From: "Jaro Cerny"
Subject: Fishing Report 11/01/2010
Date: Monday, 11 January 2010 2:11 PM

Hi Yakkers,

Steve, Stu and I arrived at MG at 4.30am. Ian Tagg's car was there so we knew he was already on the water. We could see that getting out was going to take extremely good timing or we would risk getting very wet. I have to say I was amazed that we all got out unscathed.

The conditions were very good and were not a reflection of what seabreeze had predicted or what was happening at DIP. We were soon on our way to LHR with me trolling a spaniard special using a slimy mackerel. No birds were seen at this time. We arrived at LHR without any action and met Ian there. He reported he had caught a spaniard of about 90cm on his spaniard special. We trolled around LHR to no avail and then slowly inched our way back toward MG and closer inshore. I was with Ian when I suddenly had a massive strike and as I went to get my rod out of the rod holder and feeling the full force of the fish's run, it suddenly went slack. Bugger!!! It had taken my spaniard special lock, stock and barrel. Ian then loaned his spare.

Steve and Stu had reported some strikes inshore but no hook ups when Dr Dog announced he was now on the scene (I think it was about 7.15am) and that there was bird activity by the shark nets. Soon thereafter told us he had bagged a spotty. This was enough for us and we all headed back to MG against the SE wind which had picked up a little but was still ok. By this time Hollywood Harry also arrived on the scene and Dr Dog had bagged his second.

Soon we were all (except Stu) in Laguna Bay chasing the birds and the fish... with the end result in Dr Dog getting 2 more spotties for a total of 4. Ian getting 2 spotties for a total of 3 fish. Steve, Harry and yours truly remained fishless.

Getting to shore also required great timing and as far as I know all made it unscathed. Kevin, you missed a great chance to get videos of professional yakkers showing how it is done getting in and out of the surf.

Stu later reported that he had trolled along the North Shore and had his new $18.00 large gold bomber taken lock, stock and barrel. He then cast a slug in front of MG where there was bird activity and hooked up with his first cast. After a short struggle he landed and bagged a good sized shark which he intends to eat for dinner tonight. He sent me a photo which is shown below. Well done Stu.



Thanks for coming guys. Well done Mark, Ian and Stu. Better luck next time to Steve, Harry and me!!!

Tuesday looks to be about the same conditions as today but I will not be going. I will be going on Wednesday when conditions should be better but will confirm as per usual tomorrow afternoon. I will be arriving at MG at 5.00am as there was no activity before 5.30am.

Jaro
Noosa Yakkers Coordinator
Viking Pro Fish 45
Call Sign Jaro
http://noosayakers.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment