Still better than... - says Stu, 5Feb10

From: Stuart Denissen

Subject: Fishing Today
Date: Friday, 5 February 2010 2:03 PM

HI Yakkers,

I arrived at MG parking lot at approx 05 35 this morning. I took the Yak off the truck and got all my gear ready only to find that I had left my paddle at home!

A quick call was made and the misses was awake and on her way down saving me some paddle time.

The launch was good, I timed the 2-3 foot sets and stayed dry. Once out the conditions were pretty good, a bit of wind would have actually been nice as it was very humid and after a short paddle I was already beginning to sweat. There was a bit of cloud cover with a big dark cloud looming overhead threatening to rain at any minute, however only a few drops came from it.

I observed a bit of bird activity about a kilometre straight out from MG, by the time I arrived there was no sign of any bait-fish and the birds had flown in all directions. I decided to paddle along the North Shore which I did for a few K's and turned back, paddling up and down the river mouth and Laguna Bay. I did not see any bait-fish whatsoever. There was what seemed to be a lot of spawning coral all over the water surface, probably hindering any bait-fish from surfacing. I decided to call it quits without a single strike for the morning.

As the saying goes "a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work" - I was just grateful not to be at work!

Till next time

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment