River fishing, 17Mar10

From: "Stuart Denissen"
Subject: Fishing today
Date: Wednesday, 17 March 2010 5:37 PM

Hi all,

I went for a paddle on the river today, straight out from the end of Gympie Terrace. I worked the back of the little Island due to the wind blowing me all about. I tried an assortment of lures and soft plastics to no avail. I then started using pieces of a mac tuna which I had caught a couple weeks back at Laguna Bay - instant success. I pulled in about 15 bream in an hour and a half, most being over 30cm (only kept a couple) When the tide had pushed low I paddled over to a bank in the middle of the river and fished the edge. I cast my bait and was reeling it in slowly when my drag took off, I fought a fish for a few minutes before seeing a huge flathead on the end of the line, unfortunately as I was boating it the hook pulled loose much to my disgust, lucky no one was there to here my profanities. Even though the weather was not kayak favourable I just had to get my paddle wet!

I took a pic of a bream from my phone, see attachment.


cheers

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment