Nice tusky, 22May10

Subject: fishing today -- 22nd may10
From: "ian"
Date: 22/05/2010 7:36 PM

I paddled to SR; it was calm when I left and by the time I got there it was blowing 5 knots from the South which steadily rose getting up to 10 knots by 7am. I anchored and fished the bottom with soft plastics catching Grassies, Squire, Spangled Emperor, Venus Tuskfish and 12 Yellow Lipped Butterfly Bream, which is a new species for me, everything was under or close to size except the Tuskfish which was 45cm and weighed 1.4kg gutted and gilled.

I'd left by 8 and paddled across to JS where I didn't get a fish after 15 minutes of bottom bashing so home I went. The swell was tiny and there was a little cloud cover for the first hour or so as the sun rose.

Looks impressive in this photo, you must agree!



Actual size

No comments:

Post a Comment