Pete's first TR, 03Sep10

Subject: Fishing Thursday
From: "pete"
Date: 3/09/2010 1:14 PM

Hi Everybody
My fishing report for thursday....
Launched SB 5.30am. 2 foot waves wet bum.

Pedalled to SR close to alex bay using headland as windbreak from west winds 10 to 15 knots.

Wasn't long before the wind caught me and even with sea anchor would have ended up at rarotonga in no time.

A long pedal back for another drift, repeat, repeat.
Caught 1 40cm venus tusk fish with hardly any fish interested in my pillies.

I missed landing a large squid who had a few goes at my bait, hiding under drift anchor between goes. I’m taking squid jig next time.

Beached yak around 12.30 with no nasty tumbles.. so it looks like you made the right call staying in bed Jaro.
Pete
Hobie Rev

No comments:

Post a Comment