Grassies galore, 31Oct10

Subject: fishing yesterday -- 31oct10
From: "brian"
Date: 1/11/2010 8:37 AM

Hi all, belated report from Sunday,

Ian, Geoff and myself headed out to SR at 4:30am to avoid the triathlon road blocks.

Fishing was very slow, but as usual Ian was collecting the odd sweetlip here & there as Geoff and I struggled on.

After many fruitless drifts I finally landed a small shark on a soft plastic. Once we moved south and further out, we found some decent grassies,

I at one stage had a nice fish on the soft plastic, whilst dealing with that, my heavier outfit screamed off, a little patience and luck saw me land both fish, a 40cm grassy from the small rod & a 48cm from the larger rod. I managed another 2 grassies both at 48cm.

I think Ian's tally for the day was around 7 grassies 45- 48cm, 1 tusk fish and a triggerfish.

There was only 1 smallish snapper caught measuring 37cm.

Hard work yesterday, but rewarded with some quality grassies & don't they go hard!

Till next time - cheers Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment