New Year spotty, 01Jan11

Subject: Fishing Today 01-01-2011
From: "Ian"
Date: 1/01/2011 1:24 PM

Hi all,

I went to bed early last night hoping to go for a paddle this morning, but I woke to rain and wind and decided to go back to bed. I woke again around 6.am and the wind seemed to have eased a little so I decided to get wet.

I launched at MG 7.15 am with an 8-10 knot southerly and paddled up the North Shore trolling a Jaro special.

I hadn't gone far past the RM when my rod buckled and started losing line. It turned out to be a Spotty. He was stowed and off I went paddling up the beach out to LH and as I was heading back toward the beach for my return run home the rod went off again and this time it was a little Black Tip. After this I paddled in and was back at MG by 9.15.

There were birds scattered all over the place but none were concentrated over boils. I will probably do the same tomorrow except not go back to bed. I will have my radio on ch 09.

Ian
call sign;eye tag

No comments:

Post a Comment