Ian, Wal and Dan, 25Mar11

Subject: fishing today 25Mar11
From: "Ian"
Date: 25/03/2011 6:16 PM

Hi Hookers,

I paddled today launching at 12.25pm with Wal and I got 1 shark and Wal lost a very big fish that he couldn't stop. It busted him off after taking about 150metres of line in around a minute. There were Longtail and Mack Tuna up towards LH. I think it would be worth having a paddle early tomorrow.

I spoke to a hobie pedaller [editor: probably Dan (Imax)] on the way in. He got Longtail and Trevally yesterday trolling a slug up towards LH.

Ian
call sign;eye tag

Dan's experience:

Subject: fishing today, 25Mar11
From: "Dan"
Date: 25/03/2011 7:13 PM

I wasn't feeling up to a paddle this morning so I went this afternoon instead. I was on the water about 2pm and headed for little halls in the chop. This made the tuna hard to see but eventually I found a big school and gave chase.

I finally caught up to them north of Teewah township. This seemed to be where most of the schools were hanging out. I landed a Mac tuna and longtail with many more dropped before heading for home. I had a couple of very small bust ups occur in front of me on the way back and hooked up to more tuna in each of these.

Then trolling a gold halco hard body on the way home I hooked and landed a small spotty mackerel. It went 66cm and became my Dad’s birthday present (he loves mackerel). The spotty was caught about 1km north of the dirty water line of the river mouth.
 
So after all that I would suggest heading up north shore to try and find the schools tomorrow.
 
Regards
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment