big longtail, 11May11

Subject: Fishing Today 11/05/2011
From: "Jaro Cerny"
Date: 11/05/2011 3:38 PM

Hi Yakkers,

I arrived at MG at 5.45am to see that Eye Tag, Jeff, and Mike had already departed. I was greeted by a cloudless, beautiful, though coldish morning with a noticeable SW to westerly wind. However, the sea was very calm as the wind was essentially offshore. Getting out was no problem at all. I called Eye Tag to find that they were all heading for Halls Reef and so I set off after them arriving about 45 minutes later. They had as yet caught nothing. We all continued to drift, fishing for reefies with no real success except for my catching a number of sharks which I released.

After some time the others decided to troll for tuna towards the shore as there had been some seen jumping. I continued reef fishing and eventually gave up after catching my 7th shark. During this time Eye Tag had hooked onto a long tail tuna and eventually successfully landed it, a big one which he estimated it to be 12kg. He had caught it trolling a soft plastic.

I trolled over to where they (Eye Tag and Jeff... Mike had already headed for home) were. I then took a photo of Eye Tag and his tuna... and what a good specimen it was.

Ian (Eye Tag) with his longtail. Note the beautiful conditions on the water.

We continued trolling slowly back to MG without any further success and we all landed onshore without any incident.

Result: Ian 1 tuna, 2 sharks and one undersize snapper.
Myself, 7 sharks and one undersize snapper.
Jeff and Mike, I think had a fishless day.
Thanks for coming guys.

Jaro
Noosa Yakkers Coordinator
Viking Pro Fish 45
Call Sign Jaro
http://noosayakkers.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment