HR grassies, 09May11

Contributions, in sequence: pedro, eyetag

Subject: today's fishing
From: Pete
Date: 9/05/2011 4:20 PM

Ian and I met at the car park, pre-dawn, easy launch in light rain and calm conditions.

We headed north to HR where Ian had caught his Sweetlip the day before in the stink boat...

We had an enjoyable time battling an unpredicted cold wet southerly that sprung up. I found I could pedal & steer my Hobie nose into the wind to keep the bait underneath me.

Using this tactic and some prawn for bait I landed 8 sweeties, throwing back 3 undersize.

It was worth the effort, a nice change from Tuna.

Pedro


Email from Ian:
::::::::

Hi all
Not much to add except that I got 4 Grassies and 2 Squire, keeping 2 Grassies and a Squire.

Sorry I don't have photos. Peter was right about the fact that we had fun in the unpredicted Southerly but it was worth it.

Ian
call sign;eye tag

No comments:

Post a Comment