Limited success, JS, 11Sep08

From: "Jaro Cerny"
Subject: Fishing Report Thursday 11th
Date: Thursday, 11 September 2008 4:40 PM

Hello Yakkers,

Jim, Steve and I headed out for Jew Shoal at about 6.50. I got very wet going out as a wave knocked me over and though Jim and Steve stayed upright they also got drenched. The paddle out was hard due to confused slop and some headwind. There was very little general activity in terms of bites and action and so we hunted far and wide for signs of fish. Over the next four and a half hours 3 keepers were caught, 2 by Steve and 1 by Jim. Steve caught the only one of note measuring 44cm. I remained fishless. Jim pulled up stakes about 11.15 and Steve and I at about 12.15. We had a very easy paddle back with a good tail wind and waves directly behind us which allowed us to surf most of the way.

My camera went on the blink at the beach so Steve emailed me the attached photo showing the larger of the two snapper Steve caught.


Cheers

Jaro

No comments:

Post a Comment