Lake MacDonald - Matt, 12Nov11

Subject: Freshwater Fishing 12th Nov

Hi all!

I forgot to post this on the weekend. It's not often I get to roll out the brag mat, so I'll take advantage of it when I can. :)

After coasting around Lake MacDonald from the Grange Road end with little success for a few hours on Saturday afternoon, I decided to head back in. On the way back I tried casting into one of the spots I had tried earlier with no joy. During an extra slow retrieve with my R2S mini vib, I could feel a very light tap every so often. I stopped once or twice and continued my slow retrieve, thinking whatever had tried the lure had long gone. Not a metre from the yak the bass hit. He put up a decent fight, so I let him have some drag and kicked back for the fun. He came in at 38cm.

I'm not a huge fan of eating freshwater fish (murray cod from muddy holes will do that to you), but I enjoyed the taste of the bass from Lake MacDonald. A bit of lime, chilli, and coriander helped him along though. :)


I would have attached a photo of yours truly holding him, but I was indisposed digging a treble barb out of my thumb at the time. I have a pic of that too, but i'm sure you all don't want to see that lol

Cheers!

Matt
Call sign: Gemini

No comments:

Post a Comment