River paddle - Eyetag, 03Dec11

From: "Ian"
Date: 3 December 2011

Hi Yakkers, sorry I didn't let anyone know but it was a last minute decision to have a paddle last night in the river.

I launched around 5.00pm from Munna Point and paddled up to Tewantin to fish the top of the tide across from Harbour Town on the sand flats, where I caught 3 barely legal Flatties on Gladiator Prawns.

Then I paddled back, towing a hard body, towards Ricky's, hoping the Trevally would be active around the current line, but there was still a bit of traffic and the fish were hard to find. I kept drifting with a Gladiator Prawn out the back and casting a Gladiator Slim Jim ahead using a slow roll to retrieve. On the 3rd drift I hooked up, and after a good tussle on 2kg gear, I landed a 67cm Tailor. So I paddled back to the start and next drift I landed a Big Eye Trevally around 30cm.

Releasing him I paddled back with a hard body out and got another Big Eye. This one was 40cm. I released this fish put the hard body out again for the return run and before I got to the start of my run I had another 40cm Big Eye.

As good as it sounds, that was it for the fish. I stayed at that spot staying for another hour and not a touch. I then paddled up Weyba Creek and fished some sand flats. I landed and released 1 Jack 35cm and a 40cm Estuary Cod, both on the Slim Jim.

After this I trolled home and didn't get another touch.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Ian's Tailor

Ian
call sign;eye tag

No comments:

Post a Comment