Lake Mac murk, 23Mar12

TR by gemini


Well, there was plenty to see, but the fish didn't want to see us.

Participants: Gemini, Richmond
Conditions: Very light breeze to 5knts, mostly sunny, murky water

After arriving at 4PM and unloading (and dropping one end of my yak off the ute for the second time this month... grrrrr) at the botanical gardens boat ramp, I proceeded to the bubbler where Richmond was already hard at work hunting bass. There were plenty of birds, bait fish, and tell-tale splashes about, so we threw our lures around for a good while, but with little success.

I left Richmond at the bubbler and ventured off to test the waters around the edges of the weed beds on my way to bass bay. It was much the same story there too. The lake was teeming with life, but no fish seemed interested in what we had to offer.

I returned to the bubbler and found Richmond hadn't had any success in my absence. We cast poppers until dark amongst the schools of bait fish splashing around on the surface, but we ended up leaving fishless.

The bass and saratoga records live to fight another day...


Jigging Jackalls at the bubble trail (Pic by richmond)

No comments:

Post a Comment