The gaff, the gaff! LB 03Apr12


TR by pedro
Wind: Light SW early, increasing to 15knot S/SW
Swell: .5 to 1m SE
Launch point: MG
Participants: Pedro

I launched around 5am, just light enough to see the sets and make it out with a dry bum.

I headed for JS hoping the wind would stay southerly as the headland would give some protection.

Trolled HB and garfish for a couple of hours with no action so changed to drift fishing without losing a bait and by 8.30 with commitments at home headed for MG.

At about half way my HB took off and an hour later I had a 15kg longtail doing circles around the yak.

After two failed attempts at a tail grab the hooks pulled. Should have used the gaff.

The waves at MG were standing up as it was now closer to low tide, but a little patience saw me on the beach upright. Here's hoping April is better than March.

Pedro

1 comment:

  1. Saw a yak go over on the rivermouth yesterday, seem be in all sorts bother, anyone we know? I was surfing nearby but before i could paddle over and help another yak came back out and assisted. I suspect he must have lost a lot gear?
    Cheers
    Fong

    ReplyDelete