One of those nights, 01Sep12


TR by Tiberium


Wind: Good
Tides: 8:01pm High. 2:17am Low. Full Moon
Weather: Cold. Just cold
Launch point: Noosaville boat ramp
Participants: Carlton, Eyetag, Tiberium

Carlton and I arrived at Davos for the fishing Comp to see Eyetag already registered. I had no idea that he was coming, but it was nice to know that I lost the comp already. We dragged the yaks to the boat ramp in Noosaville and launched at 7:30pm. Off we went looking for live baits to net that hopefully would get us that monster Trevally. Eyetag said he would be at Woods Bay at 10pm, so with a handful of herring and a tonne of prawns we were off to Woods to meet him.

Photobucket

It was nice to have the moon beaming so bright. No matter what depth of water, I could see the bottom. At the Woods we headed our own ways to troll. I went for the Inner Woods and it didn't take long to have my reel scream off. Hoping it was a good size Trevally but I was wrong. Up came a hairtail. I trolled on and 5 minutes later I had the reel scream off again but this time I had an idea of what it might be, alas, another hairtail.

Carlton came over and informed me that eyetag was also getting hairtail and that he had a fish on but lost it. I trolled the two Woods bays for 2 to 3 hours with no luck of a Trevally, just six hairtails.



Carlton's Trevally

By now it was 3am so Carlton and I sat on the point between the two Woods and used live bait with no interest from the fish while Eyetag was still in the woods trolling. At 6am we moved on to the Frying Pan while Eyetag was heading for home with a flathead, GT and bigeye.

As it's now tailor and flathead season, we tried the old drifting a pilly on some ganged hooks and it worked well for Carlton getting a tailor just pointblank on 35cm and dropping another tailor next to his kayak. While watching Carlton getting his prized fish, my rod took off to an under sized bream which was fun to laugh at in disappointment.

I called it a day/night at 10am and headed to Munna Point. Carlton stayed fishing so I trolled the way back by myself and was uncommonly rewarded a 31cm whiting on a lure.

Photobucket

It was a great time for Carlton and Eyetag, but an acceptable time for me.

The comp results:

Sadly neither Eyetag nor Carlton won anything. Overall, Carlton came 4th and Eyetag 6th.

For myself, I won a Hat and came Last :).

Cheers Izak

No comments:

Post a Comment