Lone EyeTag, 16Sep12

TR by Eyetag

Wind - South to 10 knots
Swell - 1.5m southerly
Current - South Easterly
Launch point - Middle Groyne
Participants - Eyetag


I arrived at MG at 5.00am and the wind was already 5 knots from the South so I thought it'll be a quick paddle, no further than LH. So off I went launching at 5.30am. Photo of first light at MG.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Out with a dry bum, I put the shallow Laser Pro out straight away. Just after crossing the river mouth I had my first strike, a Mack Tuna about 6kg. He was released and not long after I got another the same size which was also released.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Things went quiet and being close to LH, I decided to put out a second deeper lure an x-rap 20+ in a Pilchard like colour. It didn't take long before I felt the rod bounce a couple of times and on the other end was a small Bonito, then soon after another.

By now the wind was at least 10 knots and I wasn't very comfortable in these conditions alone so a couple more laps around LH I'd had enough and headed home.

Both the Bonnies were 28cm and have been individually wrapped and frozen for the coming Mackerel season.

I was back by 7.30am and greeted by Turtleboy who was waiting on MG with his iPhone to capture my return to shore.



Eyetag

No comments:

Post a Comment