Sharks and sweety. 18Oct12

TR by Jaro

Conditions: clear sky, warm, waters a bit choppy early, flattening to mill pond calm. No current to speak of.
Participants: kiwibro, tarzan, jimbo, jaro.

We all arrived at MG around 4.45am and launched fairly easily into a sloppy sea. We all decided to go to Halls Reef via Little Halls.

No action on the way out.

When at Halls Reef I got a few nibbles and then a shark. It was very quiet fish-wise all morning. Tarzan ended up going to JS where he also caught a shark which I believe he released.

KiwiBro caught an undersize school mackerel which he released. Jim also caught a shark but it chewed through his line before it got near the yak. Everyone was ready to head for home and I was down to my second last prawn when I had a nice strike and after a short tussle landed a fat 48 cm sweetlip, making my day.

The trip home was uneventful and we all landed safely ashore.


Jaro



No comments:

Post a Comment