Four reefs in one day, 07Nov12



TR by Pedro
Wind: South to Southeast under 10 knots
Swell: 1.5m SE
Launch point: MG
Participants: Pedro, Corie

Launched 3.45am and headed to SR north, nothing on hb's. Drift fished and my first bait (pilly) got smashed near the bottom and within a couple of seconds it was on the surface. I wasn't using wire and got cut off, I'm guessing a mackerel.

I tried calling Corie a couple of times but no response and no sign of him.

The fish were scarce and with no other baits lost and one iodine bream on the bait jig I moved to A Bay reef area. The fish weren't there either, maybe it had something to do with the scum on the surface.

What is it?  I'm sure Kev knows. I've never seen the white goo floating before.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The date on camera should be 2012

From A Bay I moved to JS, the scum was there too and the fish were asleep. Next stop Halls and the scum was there too and everywhere in between and guess what no fish. Next stop Little halls and on the way I had a strike on the trolled gar but it didn't hook up.

Just a note for the hookers going soon that there was plenty of bait showing in ten meters of water all along the north shore stretch and none noted elsewhere.

Landed safely after a bit of back paddling over a couple of larger ones.

Cheers

Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment