Jaro, 28Dec12

TR by Jaro
Conditions: Perfect
Wind: Very little
Swell: Small
Current: Nil

Participants: Stormin, Andrew (Panno), Greg, Mike (Bomber), Jaro and others that I did not meet up with.

I arrived at MG car park at 4.00am. Easy launch and took off towards SR with Bomber and Andrew. Stormin started a little later and went to JS.

I can only speak for Andrew, Stormin and myself as I did not hear from the others but I don't believe any fish were caught.

I only saw the odd bird activity and small bust ups (certain they were bonitos). We decided to do some bottom fishing on the outer SR marks and soon had a 1.5m shark which I duly unhooked and released.

I moved from mark to mark without success, bottom fishing at each mark and then trolling a pilchard to the next mark. I was doing this toward the most southern mark and with my trolling rod behind me (unusual for me) I suddenly heard the reel scream, turned around saw the road bent and a large splash where the lure should be, then nothing. The hook did not take and I reeled in a pilchard-less lure. That was my only excitement for the day.

There were a very large number of stink boats well out on SR so I decided to paddle out there amongst them, also without any action. I pulled the plug at 9.00am and paddled back with my sail up making for an effortless trip home arriving on the shore at 10.20am. This was easily the furthest offshore I have paddled, at least 4 km off Alexandria Bay.

Andrew reported a fish less day. Stormin, likewise after continually trolling the whole time.

Nonetheless, it was a beautiful day to be out paddling.

Cheers

Jaro

No comments:

Post a Comment