Tim, 10Jan13

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hi Yakkers,

Very quick trip report from this morning; arrived at MG car park at 5.15 and had a quick squiz at the conditions. Very choppy with some swell but not to many white horses so decided to give it a crack. 

Launched at 5.30am and got out without a problem, dropped my red and white Rapalla X-rap and headed out parallel to the headland. Conditions close to shore were not too bad but the further out I got the worse the wave/swell conditions got with some big'ns every now and then. I was a bit edgy because of a rollover last week at Morton, so was trying very hard to maintain my centre of gravity in the right spot. 

After I reached the headland point (out near a series of yellow buoys--shark nets??) , I decided it was time to turn back. Going with the waves was much more difficult than going against them and was quite quickly pushed toward the headland. With some effort and concentration I negotiated the conditions back to MG where I landed without incident at 7.15am. 

An interesting and challenging paddle with no bites of any kind. Hopefully tomorrow will be better paddling and fishing.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment