Anyone have a winch? - 07Apr13


TR by Gemini
Participants:  Gemini
Launch Site: Strawberry Patch, Lake MacDonald
Conditions: Overcast, moderate wind gusts

Just a quick report today. I went out yesterday afternoon for a late session after giving BJ a tour of the launch site. After a slow a lap around to the end of toga bay and back with only a bunch of missed strikes on the tally board, I was just about to call it a day when I had a hit not far from the launch site.

As soon as the lure touched the water the bass grabbed it and he seemed mighty cranky straight away. There was a lot of head shaking and carrying on (you can see the rod shaking in the video), and he ran himself deep into the weeds. I had to use a decent amount of force to drag him out, so at least I know my knots and line are still in top shape! He measured in at 39cm. Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment