Nobby, 06June13

TR by Pedro
Wind: south 10-15 turning sw 5-10 knots
Swell: 0.5 to 1 metre
Launch point: MG
Participants: Pedro


I launched at 5.45 am and had no worries getting out between the occasional wave dumping on the sand bar just out from the end of the rock wall.

Headed for JS trolling pillies and after a few laps around the pinnacles I changed tactics and hover fished pointing the bow into the wind and pedalling slowly keeping the pilly near the bottom. This resulted in three snapper, the biggest one going 79cm.

When the wind backed off I set up for drift fishing, landing another three snapper and a hammerhead about 1.5 meters, as well as a steam train run by I'm guessing a mackerel as I was bitten off after 100m of line peeled off very quickly.

No surface action seen, plenty of bait hanging around the pinnacles.

So I bagged out and a pb on the 79cm.

 photo IMGP0185_zpsd0c87104.jpg


 photo P1020370_zps1772499d.jpg


Cheers
Pedro

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Pedro, I wish I lived in the same fishing parallel universe.

    Tunny and I were looking to do a SB launch today but it seems the hole has gone and the conditions were too rough with the back-line breakers very large, so we opted to beach fish instead. 1 shovel nose shark, 1 dart, many bites.

    Redwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, pedro. So you busted my record at last. Good on ya.
    Kev, in France

    ReplyDelete