Doggie Beach again. 28Aug13

TR by cybertech

Wind: light NW
Swell: less than 1 m E
Current: none
Launch point: Doggie Beach
Participants: bomber, cybertech

Bomber and I set off early this morning launching at Doggie Beach just after sun up.

Tide was low and a few big sets rolled in but we both managed to time the launch well and got out dry.

Fishing scene: We tried a few different reefs around A-Bay, North Sunshine and one a bit closer. Only I managed to bag a small but keeper snapper going 40cm. Bomber had a massive hook-up but it got off halfway up. Other than that there wasn’t much action.

Around 11am we decided it was enough and headed in. This time tide was high but the wind had increased. Some big sets rolled in but we both managed to avoid most of it. Bomber headed in first and got right in close then had a massive nose dive and come off.

Bomber gets gobbled by the sand monster. Pic by sunshiner.

It looked funny from out the back then I realised… hang on, I'm next. But luckily for me I got in relatively dry without stacking.

This is me, bracing on the shorey. Pic by sunshiner

Thanks Bomber for the company, and thanks Kev for the photography and beach reports.

cybertech

No comments:

Post a Comment