Super Quickie - 27Oct13

TR by Gemini

Participants:   Gemini
Launch Site: Strawberry Patch, Lake MacDonald
Conditions: cloudy periods, wind strengthening through the morning


I ducked out for a quickie on Lake Mac early yesterday morning, launching just after 5AM. There was plenty of surface action, and I disturbed a few large fish on my paddle around, but it took a good while to land anything. After an hour or so I managed a 39cm bass just past toga bay.




Not long after the wind started to strengthen to the point of being annoying, so I headed for home. Not far from my launch point I ran aground (due to wind while casting), and used the opportunity to take a quick shot of a few rather upset pelicans.




I was barely on the water for 2 hours, but a brief paddle is still better than none!

No comments:

Post a Comment