Windy river session, 08Oct13

TR by eyetag

Wind: 10-15 knot S
Current: Run out tide
Launch Point: Noosa Heads Lions Park
Participants: Eyetag

I launched around 1.am and trolled to Ricky's, arriving without a touch. Things weren't quite as calm here being more exposed to the elements and as I started my first drift the wind and tide were pushing me down stream way too fast, I was almost at the sandbags when a small Big Eye Trevally took my Gladiator Prawn and by the time he was released I was only a couple of hundred metres from the river mouth. Not comfortable with this I headed back upstream and decided only to fish from Ricky's to the rock wall about 300 metres downstream. This was safer and after about a dozen drifts with a Gladiator Prawn I had a mixed bag consisting of small Big Eye, Flathead and Jew fish. All were released.




Now it was about 4.30 and I could see the first light appearing. Thinking this is prime time I decided to troll the Inner Woods Bay with a Gold Bomber and as I passed between the two Bays the Bomber got smashed by a hard running fish taking plenty of line and after a good 10 minute battle I landed a 52cm Jack. I trolled for another 30 minutes and didn't get a touch so I headed in.


Thanks for reading

eyetag

1 comment:

  1. I like that Jack. The feeling you had heading to the river mouth was how I felt last time - only I was hooked up to a fish at the time and had to put the rod in the holder while loaded up and paddle back to safety - twice - before loosing the fish - so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete