Quiet river session 01Dec13

TR by eyetag

Wind: 10-15 knot S
Current: Run out tide
Launch Point: Noosa Heads Lions Park
Participants: Eyetag

I launched around 10.pm and paddled straight to Ricky's where things were very quiet,not a touch on the way and no surface activity apart from a small wind chop. I had a couple of drifts slow rolling a Gladiator Prawn across the bottom that prodeced nothing. The only joy being the dreaded Hairtail on the return troll with a Gold Bomber.


I decided to do one more drift. I'd just started the slow roll after my second cast when I had a good hit and was solid with a nice fish that was taking a fair bit of line,then after about 10 minutes I saw him on the surface still a good 5 metres away another couple of very nervous minutes and he was on board, a very healthy 2.4kg 55cm Mangrove Jack.


With the wind making things difficult I headed for more sheltered water around the back of Noosa Sound,here I had two long drifts,only getting a couple of light touches and with a lack of surface activity I decided to troll back and wash up.

No comments:

Post a Comment