Pre-storm Lake Mac quicky - 27Dec15

TR by Gemini


Wind: light, but heavy gusts as the storm approached
Launch point: Lake MacDonald, Hoy's Road ramp
Participants: Gemini

I dashed out to Lake Mac in the late afternoon after finishing a day out with the kidlets. The weather was on the turn, but I was determined to catch at least one fish before I had to avoid the rain and lightning. I launched at the Hoy Road ramp and headed south into the lilies.

I paddled around for a couple of hours with absolutely nothing to report. No strikes or surface action at all, and by this stage the smell of rain was on the wind. I decided to head back to the ute and bail out, casting along the way.

It was only a few casts after my decision to bail that I had a good couple of strikes on the baby vibe under some lilies. I managed to spook that particular fish, but a cast immediately after in the opposite direction had me nailed by another. It wasn't a long fight, but he managed to get tangled in the weeds, forcing my yak to come to him rather than other way around. It was a good 40cm bass.





After releasing I pressed on back to the ramp and packed up just in time to avoid the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment