Fish 2, WB 0, 23Mar10

From: "madcowes"
Subject: fishing today - 23 mar 2010
Date: Tuesday, 23 March 2010 5:02 PM

Headed out today on my lonesome. Conditions were ok - the rip at the rockwall is very powerful at the moment and coming back in through it is hard work.

Caught one small shark on my way out to a lumpy sunshine reef. Not much bird activity but did encounter a few small bust ups of large tuna, hooked up to one and promptly destroyed my poor little sienna 2500 (RIP). I just don't learn!

Heading back in just past tea tree bay I hooked up to a large fish, but my drag was too tight, the fish took 15 meters of line and then flew out of the water and managed to snap brand new 30 pound line. The fish was very dark in colour and created an almighty splash as it re-entered the water with my trace, hooks and squid skirt, on its way to freedom.

cheers - brian

No comments:

Post a Comment