Steam train at JS, 18Jan2011

Subject: Fishing Today (tuesday)
From: Pete
Date: 18/01/2011 5:47 PM

Hi All

Launched around 4.45am resulting in the first dry bum in a while (pre dawn launches can be exciting) as the swell had dropped off.

Arrived at js and moved around looking for bait shoals as I had plans of using live bait. Found a large patch on the sounder and marked it and proceeded to rig up.

5 minutes later I set off to find my mark and was surprised at how long it was taking to get there, a good 10 to 15 minute paddle after a 5 min drift. On arriving I decided to anchor as the current wasn't much less than brisbane river last week.

The bait jig produced a small angel fish, so I baited up and waited, throwing out a pilly on my other rod. The angel fish was eventually picked up by a steam train only to be broken off above the leader. Now my leaders are longer as I suspect the back half of the train cut it.

Other than that not much to report except one keeper sweetlip.

Beached the yak around 11.30 with no waves breaking through the gutter.

I picked up some supplies at davo's and was told halls is productive with snapper and good sweeties so I plan to go there tomorrow launching around the same time 4.45

thats all for now.
Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment