Tassie Trout, 08Feb11

Subject: Tassie Trout
From: Mark Powell
Date: 8/02/2011 9:10 PM

Hi All,

Just thought I would share some fishy pics from Tassie.

Yesterday I paddled & trolled and cast for 3 hours for my one trout -- I was pretty stoked as it was my first outing and a nice fish.

Very tasty -- must have something to do with the 8 degree C maximum for the day and falling to below 6 at night. I was casting around fallen timber in a sheltered bay out of the freezing 30 knots of wind. It took a cast nilsmaster lure I have had for 20 years at least. It has caught bream and flathead and bass & yellow belly before but never trout. Tried to do the same thing today - paddled and cast and trolled for nearly 6 hours for one half hearted strike -- I tried nearly every lure in my collection - soft plastics - shallow divers, deep divers, bibbed lures, bibless -- I couldn't raise a serious strike. I guess that's fishing for you - one consolation is that many other anglers are having the same result.

Tomorrow we head for the coast where it is warmer.

There are plenty of trout on the move in the lower streams as we saw lots of feeding action at Cradle Mtn and at Liffey Falls.

Cheers,
Mark

MWP's First ever Trout. 440 mm Brown Trout - Lake Arthur

Trout in Stream at Liffey Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment