Jew Shoal, 20Aug12

TR by Carlton
Wind: SW, 5-10knots
Swell: ESE, 0.5m
Current: none
Launch Point: Middle Groyne

Participants: Stormin', Mark(AKFF: “bogey”), Carlton

I left home at 5:30am knowing that Stormin' would be there at 6:30am and wasn’t sure if Mark was coming or not. I arrived at MG at 6:05am and went straight for the beach where I noticed that Mark was in the process of launching. I left the kayak on the sand and went to the end of the rock wall to introduce myself to him. He said that he would meet us out there.

I decided to wait for stormin and have some company on the way. He arrived not long after then about 6:45am we launched without an issue. Stormin' decided to troll the way out there hoping to get his first Longtail. With the wind at our backs it only took 35mins to reach mark on Jew Shoal.

We went our own ways in hope of finding fish. My fish finder wanted to play up so I just chucked the line out anywhere. After about 30mins the wind picked up and was getting quite choppy and cold because there were clouds everywhere. The sun only showed now and then for a few minutes then disappeared.

I put a half pilchard down and threw it in  the rod holder hoping the fish would just get hooked, and it did. About five minutes later it was bending over, it was a nice keeper squire(see picture at end).

I went over to Stormin' and Mark and they hadn’t got anything worth keeping, the wind was up and it was freezing, so I called it quits, we all headed back and landed without trouble(absolutely flat).

Photo of the 3 Hobies below with a very calm Laguna Bay and MG as backdrop

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My 37cm Squire


Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment